I believe they all know about the new fees. I am going to require the new fees on July 1, according to the law. I don’t think I have the authority to “forgive” recording fees, since I am paid salary and the fees belong to the town.

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Christina Booher
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2019 2:37 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: New Fees

I’m just wondering if anyone has gotten the templates of documents for the new fee changes. I have had to answer questions today a couple of times about the changes happening July 1st. Wondering how other clerks are handling the closing that might happen around the 28th. There are some banks and lawyers that hang on to those documents for some time and won’t be reaching us until the middle to end of July. Thanks for any input.

Christina M Booher

Assistant Town Clerk/Treasurer of Charlotte

PO Box 119

Charlotte, VT 05445

802 425-3071

AVG logo