From: Decell, Jean [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 1:28 PM
To: Carol Dawes
Cc: Hooley, Cynthia
Subject: FW: Phone number for public to contact Dept. of Health re. vital records problems?

Hi Carol,

Per our phone conversation:

  *   The phone number to reach Vital Records or VSARA will not change. The numbers you listed below are correct.
  *   The public should contact Vital Records for corrections or amendments.
  *   Beginning July 1st, VSARA will have access to all records (not just those > 5 years).
  *   If a requested record (for date of event January 1, 1909-present) is not found on the electronic statewide registration system, you may direct the requestor to contact the town clerk's office where the event occurred, as there may be a chance a hard copy of the record is on file with the town but a copy was never sent to the state.
     *   If a town clerk discovers there is a hard copy on file in their office, but the record does not appear on the electronic statewide registration system, notify the Vital Records Office as soon as possible : scan a copy of the record to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> . We will respond with further instructions.

Thank you.

Jean DeCell
State Registrar
Vermont Department of Health