Hi Keith,

Noteflight <https://www.noteflight.com/> is a web-based tool that my music
teacher at IAA used heavily. Not free, but robust and reliable.

Soundtrap is the tool most people I know are using. It promises a lot...
doesn't always deliver (lots of "submit a product enhancement request").

Good luck!
Shannon

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 8:13 AM Keith Puffer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hiya folks.
>
> I have a Principal who has asked questions that seem to need an
> integration response instead of a technical response (of which I am apt to
> provide) for a music teacher who has been identified as moving from Mac
> laptop to Chromebook.  I was wondering if there was someone out there who
> supports music curriculum within the Googlesphere/Chromebook environment
> that might be able to chime in with some answers or perspective.
>
> ...our music teacher, identified the following needs of his device:  1)
>> being able to play cds   2) being able to record music (he uses garage
>> band) using multiple tracks and generating music electronically to
>> accompany  3) a way to import and or create  music tracks and share them
>> easily (he creates files which he emails as attachments -- I'm thinking
>> this could happen in drive.
>>

> The first question I see as easily met by providing an external/portable
> CD/DVD player that can connect to our presentation devices (projector,
> Promethean Board, classroom speakers).  Really it is number 2 and 3 that I
> was looking for help with.
>
> Thanks in advance.  On or off list is fine.
>
> Keith

*Shannon Walters*
She/Hers
Teacher Librarian, Burlington High School
52 Institute Road, Burlington, Vermont 05408
802-864-8411 ext 23204

Governor's Institutes of Vermont
GIV Information Technology & Digital Media, Program Director
Winter Weekends Program Director

"Students need to move from being simply knowledgeable to being
knowledge-able."
~Michael Wesch