Hi Robert,

Don't know about Callisto, but a friend of mine with the previous software
had a similar problem.

If he re-started the computer each day the problems were significantly
reduced - like one of the buffers was only being cleared out on re-booting.

He then started to turn the source off then back on again each day and
reckoned the problem went away completely. I could never work out why this
should make a difference but he swore blind it did. The jury is still out on
that one .

At the time I spent a significant amount of time examining his traces / data
and could see no evidence of flashover - in fact it usually stopped during
the CO2 analysis part of the run where the source was at 2500V, flashover
usually occurs during the N cycle when the source is at 4500V.

Probably worth asking Andy / Wayne at Sercon if they can have a look at the
software for you or tell you which buffers to check.

Chris

Mr Chris Pullan

Director

Goss Scientific Instruments Limited

Phone: 01270 580888

Fax: 01270 581455

Email:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

Web:  <http://www.stableisotope.co.uk> www.stableisotope.co.uk

Goss Scientific

Gresty Lane

Shavington