HI Melanie--

I take it you checked the leads already, so no shorts there.  And you've
probably cleaned the source a few times--and checked/cleaned the
spacers.  You may want to double check the lenses past the slit--make
sure they have the slit "centered" and are not twisted after tightening
them down.  Also, have you checked the LED's on all the control boards?
One of them may have failed.  Sometimes it can even be a "dull" LED.

High water in the mass spec will through things off, especially when
levels are changing a lot.  And yeah, you're instrument will get to the
point where you'll need to condition it a bit before starting runs.

Unfortunately chasing linearity issues is a problem.  Autotune can
actually hurt linearity.  You can use it, but then try "defocusing" the
beam a bit.  Also do background scans with the without CO2 going into
the source--make sure the baseline hasn't gone off a bit.  And a hv scan
on the CO2 peak will show if you have a good peak shape too.

take care,

gerry