From: Stable Isotope Geochemistry [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of GROCKE, DARREN R.
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2019 5:07 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ISOGEOCHEM] New column and sulphur

Dear Colleagues

I have been running sulphur isotopes now for over a year now, using a Delta V+ mass spec with a Costech EA, but I find that when I put in a new reaction column I need to put through about 30-50 sulphanilamide sample before I start getting good signals, no tailing etc.

Does anyone know how I can reduce the number of conditioning samples before running standards and samples?

I’d like to know other experiences you have, or is this just the norm and I need to expect this with doing sulphur isotope analyses.

Cheers

Darren

Dr Darren Grocke
Department of Earth Sciences