Hi Robert,

Don’t know about Callisto, but a friend of mine with the previous software had a similar problem.

If he re-started the computer each day the problems were significantly reduced – like one of the buffers was only being cleared out on re-booting.

He then started to turn the source off then back on again each day and reckoned the problem went away completely. I could never work out why this should make a difference but he swore blind it did. The jury is still out on that one …

At the time I spent a significant amount of time examining his traces / data and could see no evidence of flashover – in fact it usually stopped during the CO2 analysis part of the run where the source was at 2500V, flashover usually occurs during the N cycle when the source is at 4500V.

Probably worth asking Andy / Wayne at Sercon if they can have a look at the software for you or tell you which buffers to check.

Chris

Mr Chris Pullan

Director

Goss Scientific Instruments Limited