I ended up using Travis’ suggestion of completely uninstalling and then installed Office 365 and it’s now working.

- Ian

From: Technology Discussion at UVM <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Scott Martindale
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2019 4:27 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Mac PowerPoint Error

Since you've narrowed it down to the single user, you can use the following command to see the files that are being accessed:

sudo fs_usage -w | grep Office | grep NetID

Replace the "NetID"  bit with the users' netid (or whatever their macOS user shortname is, which is their directory in /Users/) to see just the files with Office in the name and in their local directory that are being accessed. You would run this command just before you open PowerPoint.

Also, you could try using the "Console" and then narrowing down the PowerPoint problem by clicking the " Errors & Warning"  button near the top.

-Scott