The best resource on all things FERPA..

https://ferpasherpa.org/

Separated for each audience and such.

Peter

From: School Information Technology Discussion <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Raymond Ballou
Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2019 12:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FERPA Notice, Directory Information list examples

Dear All

We are reviewing what to list as directory information in a FERPA notice, and are wondering what others have added that they found useful.

The model has some suggestions, but some these are very formal/wordy and also sound like they are geared for high ed.

https://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/mndirectoryinfo.html

From The Model

Student's name
Address
Telephone listing
Electronic mail address
Photograph
Date and place of birth
Major field of study
Dates of attendance
Grade level
Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
Weight and height of members of athletic teams
Degrees, honors, and awards received
The most recent educational agency or institution attended
  Student ID number, user ID, or other unique personal identifier used to communicate in electronic systems but only if the identifier cannot be used to gain access to education records except when used in conjunction with one or more factors that authenticate the user’s identity, such as a PIN, password, or other factor known or possessed only by the authorized user
  A student ID number or other unique personal identifier that is displayed on a student ID badge, but only if the identifier cannot be used to gain access to education records except when used in conjunction with one or more factors that authenticate the user's identity, such as a PIN, password, or other factor known or possessed only by the authorized user.

we are looking for feedback like

"Thankfully we had listed X as directory information"

Thank you,

--

Raymond Ballou

White River Valley School

Bethel Elementary / White River Valley Middle School

South Royalton Elementary / White River Valley High School

223 South Windsor Street

Royalton VT 05068

802-763-7740 x2051

802-763-3233 fax