From: Alford, Becky A
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 9:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: outreach to physicians

Hello,

I'm new to working in hospital libraries.  (I have lots of experience as an instruction librarian in academic libraries.)
At my hospital librarians don't participate in rounds, but we will soon be doing outreach in the physicians' lounge.  (I have a laptop to do this.)

I'm planning on emphasizing our help with literature searches and finding  full text and also suggesting some helpful databases.

But I'm wondering, if you have done this kind of outreach, is there anything else you've done or offered that was particularly successful?  Or anything I should avoid?

Thanks much in advance!

Becky

Becky Alford,MLIS
Health Sciences Library
HSHS St. John's Hospital
800 E. Carpenter St.
Springfield, IL. 62769
217 544-6464 ext. 44563

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This message and all attachments may be confidential or protected by privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the information contained in or attached to this message is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, and then delete it from your system. Thank you.