From: Medical Libraries Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Alford, Becky A
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2019 8:25 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FW: summary: outreach to physicians

WARNING: Stop. Think. Read. This is an external email.

Thanks so much to everyone who responded to my request for advice on how to do outreach to physicians.  I got a lot of good suggestions, and I'm excited to try them.
Below is a summary of responses:

Presentations and flyers are helpful.  Presenting at orientations was also suggested.
Current awareness, TOCs, Browzine, news, and search alerts are also helpful.  (Thanks again to Brian Baker for sending an example word doc for articles; I plan to adapt and use it for outreach.) Volunteering for committees was also recommended to make the library visible and keep abreast with topics of interest to physicians and administrators.
Another suggestion was to not get too bogged down with tech lingo; provide easy, direct links to info with as few clicks as possible; recommending good apps was also suggested.
Posting signage and sending out monthly emails is another good way to recommend resources and services.
Interlibrary loan and citation software were suggested as being particularly useful to physicians as well.

Becky

Becky Alford, MLIS
Health Sciences Library
HSHS St. John's Hospital