Hello all,
This question is for anyone in a hospital setting; I am working with an interdisciplinary team on a project that involves identifying funding sources for medications for hospital patients being discharged who - may not be able to pay co-pay, may not have insurance or may be underinsured.  We are looking for examples of programs that are not tied to patient's county of residence (so available to any discharged patient who meets qualifying need).  This emergency medication fund is different than the pharmaceutical prescription assistance programs.

I have found very few documented sites for this kind of program, although my guess would be that many community hospitals have just such a program funded either by local donations, Foundations, or hospital auxiliary, etc.

If you have such a program at your hospital, could you just reply "Yes" - I don't need any details, just to know there are such programs that I should continue my search.
Thank you,
And sorry for the premature send on the first message.

Karen
Karen Nissen, MLS
Medical Librarian & CME Coordinator
Columbus Regional Hospital
2400 E. 17th Street
Columbus, IN  47201

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail message, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the
information. You may NOT use, disclose, copy or disseminate this
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by reply e-mail immediately.  Please destroy all copies of the
original message and all attachments. Your cooperation is greatly
appreciated.
Columbus Regional Hospital
2400 East 17th Street
Columbus, Indiana 47201