Please excuse any cross-posting.

(via Michelle Nielsen Ott, Methodist College)

As a member of the Health Science Librarians of Illinois (HSLI) Annual Conference Planning Committee, I would like to invite your graduate students to attend the Annual Conference of the Health Science Librarians of Illinois this fall.  Can you please pass this invitation on to them? It will be held in Champaign, IL at the iHotel on Wednesday, September 11, to Friday, September 13.  This conference will feature continuing education, invited speakers, and networking opportunities for Library Science students to learn about health sciences librarianship from professionals in the field.

We would also encourage your students to consider volunteering at the conference.  We are currently seeking two volunteers to help with registrations, take photos of events, take down displays, and be a communication runner between sessions.  In return for their assistance, students will receive a waiver for the conference registration fee and be able to add this to their professional resume.  To apply, students need to fill out this form (https://library.methodistcol.edu/hsli-student-volunteer-application) and attach their resume to the form.  Applications are due Friday, August 9, 2019.  Applicants will be informed of the decision soon afterwards. If lodging may pose an issue, applicants can apply for the Syed Maghrabi Conference Scholarship (more information is available at http://www.hsli.org/newsletter/2019/07/11/call-for-applicants-syed-maghrabi-scholarship-to-attend-hsli-2019-annual-conference-deadline-july-26/).  HSLI membership is a requirement of the Scholarship and applications are due Friday, July 26, 2019.

Should you have any questions about our annual conference, the HSLI organization, or the student volunteer opportunity, please contact me, Michelle Nielsen Ott ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]:[log in to unmask]>>), or explore the HSLI website (http://hsli.org/ ).

Best Regards,

Michelle Nielsen Ott, MLIS

Director, Library Services

Methodist College

7600 N. Academic Drive

Peoria, IL  61615

Phone:  (309) 672-4937

Fax:      (309) 671-3141

Website:  www.methodistcol.edu<http://www.methodistcol.edu/<http://www.methodistcol.edu%3chttp:/www.methodistcol.edu/>>

Eric A. Edwards
Interlibrary Loan Librarian
Illinois State Library
Gwendolyn Brooks Building
300 S. 2nd Street
Springfield, Illinois  62701-1796
(217) 558-1928
(217) 782-4446--Fax

Disclaimer - This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain privileged or copyright information. You must not present this message to another party without gaining permission from the sender. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or use this email or the information contained in it for any purpose other than to notify the Office of the Illinois Secretary of State.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete this email from your system. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of the Office of the Illinois Secretary of State.