Dear all,

We would like to remind you of our session at the 2020 Ocean Sciences
Meeting (San Diego, California; February 16th-21st, 2020) on high
resolution geochemical proxies. Abstracts are due *this* Wednesday,
September 11.

*PC006. High Resolution, Geochemical Proxies of Global Change: Problems,
Progress, and Utility*

Knowledge of climate and environmental change throughout geological time is
derived from deep-sea and terrestrial records representing long time
scales. While records of climate and environmental changes at such time
scales are essential, high-resolution records at seasonal, annual, and
decadal scales are equally important and under-represented in the
literature. Much of what we know about past environments is based on the
geochemical signature in various proxy archives. While substantial progress
continues to be made in this area, specific obstacles and problems do
exist. We encourage papers presenting geochemical records of global change,
including calibration/validation studies, in biologic or inorganic
carbonates, and highly resolved (decadal resolution) sediments. Geochemical
studies highlighting recent progress, problems, or utility in the marine
environment are especially welcome.

Please consider submitting.

Sincerely,

Nina Whitney, Iowa State University
Madelyn Mette, Bjerknes Centre for Climate Research
David Gillikin, Union College
Alan Wanamaker, Iowa State University