Dear all,

The journal Water (IF 2.524) (ISSN 2073-4441), peer-reviewed open access journal on water science and technology, including the ecology and management of water resources, is currently running a Special Issue entitled "Human Impact on Water Resources". As the guest editor for this issue, I would like to welcome contributions from various disciplines. I kindly invite you to consider submitting your full paper to this Special Issue.

Special Issue Website: https://www.mdpi.com/si/32873

Submission Deadline: 31 August 2020

This Special Issue aims to gather novel and innovative works of general interest for the broad audience of the journal related to the environmental implications of ever-growing human activities, with a particular emphasis on the changes these are inducing on water resources. Global demand for water is projected to outstrip supply by 40% in 2030 and 55% in 2050 as a result of climate change, rising population, economic growth, rapid urbanization, and increased water–energy–food nexus pressures. Humans are thus now facing the critical challenge of preserving our water resources from biological and chemical contamination induced by its own point and diffuse sources. Addressing this challenge will require an overview holistic system approach by addressing new issues and emerging contaminants, as well as embedded multiple exposures to ultimately be able to achieve a comprehensive environmental and human health risk assessment.

Consequently, the contributions to this Special Issue will encompass a broad spectrum of topics in human impact on water resources, including but not limited to:

In this Special Issue, I aim to fill gaps on the application of hydrochemistry (including measurements of radioactive and stable isotopes ratios, nutrients, trace elements, and organic components) on environmental research by asking for manuscripts which constitute original contributions on studies developing application in hydrogeology, nutrient balances, pollution, environmental changes, as well as modeling or empirical studies aimed at improving our mechanistic understanding of short- and long-term chemical and physical variations in global hydrological systems. Submission of inter- and multidisciplinary original research and review papers is particularly encouraged.

Cordially,

D-

Pr. David WIDORY
Dépt des Sciences de la Terre et de l'Atmosphère/ Earth and Atmosphere Sciences Dpt
UQAM/GEOTOP
Case postale 8888
Succursale Centre-Ville
Montréal,
H3C 3P8, Canada
Tel: +1 (514) 987 3000/ext 1968
Fax: +1 (514) 987 3635
Web:
http://www.widory.uqam.ca

Associate Editor, Isotopes in Environmental and Health Studies