Dear All,

The Carnegie Institution for Science invites applications for postdoctoral fellowships at its Washington, D.C., research campus.  Carnegie Science emphasizes interdisciplinary observational, experimental, and theoretical research in fields including astronomy, cosmochemistry, data science, geodynamics, experimental petrology, geobiology, geochemistry, geophysics, mineral physics, planetary science, and volcanology. Carnegie scientists conduct independent research in these and related fields in the general quest for improved understanding of the origin and evolution of Earth and planets, including the fundamental physics and chemistry of materials. The successful applicant’s primary field of research should overlap with one or more of these areas, but collaboration with other research areas on campus is encouraged.  In addition to our traditional disciplinary specific areas, we encourage applications from those interested in multidisciplinary approaches, for example those that will be employed in the Carnegie Planets (planets.carnegiescience.edu) project.

Our Washington, D.C., campus supports world-class laboratory facilities in analytical geochemistry and cosmochemistry, high-pressure research, materials spectroscopy, and astrobiology. Carnegie scientists can gain access to Carnegie’s Las Campanas Observatory in Chile for astronomical observations. Carnegie Science also supports theoretical astrophysical, data analytic, geodynamic, and mineral physics investigations by providing access to state-of-the-art computational facilities.

Carnegie Postdoctoral Fellowships are awarded once a year and the position begins the following summer or autumn. More detailed information about the research currently being pursued, and the facilities available, on the Washington Campus can be viewed on the departments’ web pages https://dtm.carnegiescience.edu/ and https://gl.carnegiescience.edu/

Address any questions you have to [log in to unmask]

And apply here: https://jobs.carnegiescience.edu/jobs/bbr/

Best,
Anat

Anat Shahar, Ph. D.