Do you have a passion for ecology and an interest in data science? The Informatics PhD program with an emphasis in Ecological and Environmental Informatics at Northern Arizona University (https://nau.edu/) integrates informatics (data science, computing, statistical analysis, synthesis, modeling) ecology, climate science, and other environmental science disciplines to address pressing environmental issues. Students in this program can opt to participate in the T3 option (https://ecoinfo.nau.edu/index.php/nrt/), which aims to train students in team science and communication as they gain expertise in Ecological and Environmental Informatics. Our goal is to prepare students for a diverse range of career paths. The T3 option is funded through a prestigious National Science Foundation Research Traineeship (NRT) award, and is supported by world-class faculty (https://ecoinfo.nau.edu/index.php/who-we-are/) whose research interests and expertise span a broad range of fields (https://ecoinfo.nau.edu/index.php/what/). Exceptional applicants will receive 1- to 2-year fellowships ($30,000/year stipend, tuition benefits, health insurance); further funding is available via faculty grants (https://ecoinfo.nau.edu/index.php/openings/) and/or teaching assistantships. Early applicants may be eligible for additional funding through NAUís Presidential Fellowship (https://ecoinfo.nau.edu/index.php/presidential-fellowship/), which provides supplemental funding for exceptional candidates. Applications are due January 1, 2020; prospective students should apply to the Informatics and Computing (INF) program through NAUís graduate school (https://www.applyweb.com/northazg/index.ftl), and explicitly indicate interest in the EEI T3 program within the personal statement. We strongly encourage interested students to contact prospective faculty mentors (https://ecoinfo.nau.edu/index.php/who-we-are/) or the T3 Program Director (Dr. Kiona Ogle, [log in to unmask]).

Kimberly E. Samuels-Crow, PhD
Assistant Research Professor
T3 Program Coordinator
The School of Informatics, Computing, and Cyber Systems (SICCS)
Northern Arizona University
Office:  SICCS rm 206
Phone: (928) 523-2592
ecoinfo.nau.edu