Stable carbon isotope analysis of nucleic acids to trace sources of
dissolved substrates used by estuarine bacteria.

R B Coffin, D J Velinsky, R Devereux, W A Price, L A Cifuentes

Applied and Environmental Microbiology Jul 1990, 56 (7) 2012-2020; DOI:

This is carbon, but Iąd suggest looking at the citations for this early,
very cool work.

Marilyn

łAlways do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.˛ Mark
Twain

Follow my new blog at https://isotopequeen.blogspot.com/

Dr. Marilyn L. Fogel,
Distinguished Professor and Wilbur W. Mayhew Professor of Geo-Ecology
Director of the Environmental Dynamics and Geo-Ecology Institute
(http://edge.ucr.edu/)
Dept. of Earth and Planetary Sciences
University of California Riverside
900 University Ave.