Hi Sarah,

Išd advise against this. Wešve analyzed a lot of rocks that are much less
than 0.1% C‹with considerably less material. I suggest measuring the C
isotopes first on a much smaller sample. Start with 20 mg and run with zero
dilution.

Typically, we would like to have 10 micrograms of N, but wešve found 5
microgram of N gives good reproducible results. I would suggest, after
measuring C on a much smaller amount, analyze 25 then 50 mg samples first.
Calculate how much youšll need for 5 or 10 micrograms. Wešve analyzed 100 mg
samples with a blank in between. Use a fresh insert. You might be able to
run 10 or so at this level.

Run blanks of your tin boats, of course.

Marilyn Fogel

Check out my new blog at https://isotopequeen.blogspot.com/

Dr. Marilyn L. Fogel,
Distinguished Professor and Wilbur W. Mayhew Professor of Geo-Ecology
Director of the Environmental Dynamics and Geo-Ecology Institute
(http://edge.ucr.edu/)
Dept. of Earth and Planetary Sciences
University of California Riverside
900 University Ave.