Multicultural Affairs
To:
	UVM Community
Date:
	Monday, September 23, 2019
RE:
	2019 UVM Campus Climate Survey

I am excited to share data from the 2019 UVM Campus Climate Survey with
the UVM Community.

The linked Summary
<https://www.uvm.edu/sites/default/files/Division-of-Human-Resources-Diversity-and-Multicultural-Affairs/summary_CCS2019.pdf>
contains background information, methodology, key findings, and next
steps. The information we received from the Climate Survey will help
inform a plan of action designed to help the community continue to grow
and to be a place where individual differences are respected and valued
by all.

In addition, Alex Yin, Executive Director of the Office of Institutional
Research (OIR) and Paul Suk-Hyun Yoon, Senior Advisor for Strategic
Diversity and Assessment from my Division will begin meeting with
leadership from all of the Governance Bodies, Colleges, and
Administrative Units, including the Student Government Association,
Graduate Student Senate, Identity Centers, and the President’s
Commission for Inclusive Excellence. These meetings begin Friday,
September 27. During these meetings, they will discuss results of the
survey both generally and specific to each group’s constituents. A list
of the dates of all of the scheduled meetings can be found here.

As a result of these meetings, my Division and partners across the
University from the Center for Teaching and Learning to the Division of
Student Affairs will continue working closely with constituent groups to
translate the results into concrete action, including, as appropriate,
modifications of individual unit Inclusive Excellence Action Plans
<https://www.uvm.edu/advancingdiversity/diversity-action-plans>. For