My guess is that a lot of people know the difference between it’s and its but use their phones to write posts and don’t always take time to edit the unfortunate autocorrected change to the incorrect form.

My “smart” phone regularly “corrects” my use of its and it’s, which I have to remember to edit back to the correct form before hitting send.

It’s one of the most annoying tics of this technology... second only to transforming my “loons” into “lions.” :)

~ Lené

Sent from my iPhone