Hi All, following up to last week’s inquiry about bulb crates. No clear answer! Some larger garden centers sell them 2nd hand, a new similar-but –differernt crate is on the market.  The traditional crates we’re thinking of seems to be an internal trade amongst other farmers or florists.

Original question:

Hi there, I am seeking locations to get bulb crates.

1.       To add to our blog post go.uvm.edu/totes

I’m looking for ~25 for myself if you have some you’d like to move.

I always had good luck at Clausson’s greenhouse in Colchester.

Rachel Schattman

-

Agway in Rutland has them sometimes! We bought a bunch of used ones thru nofa bulk sale (late winter) too. I think they were $6 ea and are about 6 in deep.

Mary Beth, Poli Gardens

-

Could you please add Progressive Grower to your blog post? We are a distributor for many lines of totes & bins, including macrobins and picking baskets of all shapes, sizes and colors.

Starting on page 94 of our catalog: http://progressivegrower.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/2019-Progressive-Grower-Catalog.pdf

Kristine Esdale, Progressive Grower New England & Long Island

-

I’m looking for several dozen for the school farm. It would make life a lot easier if we could just stack and cure our sweet potatoes.

Matt Dragon, RTCC

-

I could use a couple dozen too, please let me know if you find any? I’m happy to go in on an order...

Thanks!

Scott Lewins, UVM Extension

Thanks,

-Andy

Ag Engineering Tech

UVM Extension

C: 802-279-8958

go.uvm.edu/ageng

Hi there, I am seeking locations to get bulb crates.

1.       To add to our blog post go.uvm.edu/totes

2.       I’m looking for ~25 for myself if you have some you’d like to move.

Thanks,

-Andy

Agricultural Engineering Tech

UVM Extension

140 Kennedy Drive, Suite 201

South Burlington, VT 05403

O: 802-651-8343 x512

C: 802-279-8958

go.uvm.edu/ageng

[log in to unmask]" alt="2017_Sec_Logos_UVMExt_H_7484">