U.S. Rep not Senator

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Condos, Jim
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FW: Flag Notification - Senator Elijah E. Cummings from Maryland - 2019-10-17 thru 2019-10-18 - IMMEDIATELY

FYI

From: Ferrell, Deb <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:39 PM
To: Ferrell, Deb <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Flags Lowered to Half-Staff

Per

Presidential Proclamation

Where the flag will be lowered:               All Vermont State facilities

Which flag will be lowered:                        Both the U.S. and Vermont flags **

Date the flag is to be lowered (Immediately):          Thursday, October 17, 2019

Date flag is to return to full staff (at sunset):      Friday, October 18, 2019

Name of person being honored/Reason to Lower Flag(s):   In honor of U. S. Senator Elijah E. Cummings who passed away October 17, 2019.

Notice sent by: Office of the Commissioner

                             Department of Buildings & General Services

**  Rule:  When the U.S. Flag is lowered, the Vermont flag and POW flag must also be lowered, the U.S. Flag must always fly above or equal  to any other flags that are flown.

Link to Presidential Proclamations:   https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.whitehouse.gov_presidential-2Dactions_&d=DwMGaQ&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=EzEd7pS-LiyM26XKc1KXIHmza1wAxADvH5pLBxH7Yws&m=JC138UUL_P_0BqyJ4j8q0gwTQJU5oL9RQepEPUi3gIs&s=shl8h6w0GNC9eyTFrlAJoZSrVbawFq5BDshI0qcRroU&e=>

Presidential Proclamation on the Death of Elijah E. Cummings

Issued on: October 17, 2019

As a mark of respect for the memory and longstanding public service of Representative Elijah E. Cummings, of Maryland, I hereby order, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions through October 18, 2019.  I also direct that the flag shall be flown at half‑staff for the same period at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this seventeenth day of October, in the year of our Lord two thousand nineteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-fourth.

DONALD J. TRUMP

Deborah W. Ferrell  | Executive Manager
Government Business Services Division | (Fleet | Information Centers | Print | Postal | Surplus Property)
Request to Use State Facilities (RUSF) Process Manager | Flag Notification Process Manager
Department of Buildings & General Services |134 State Street | Montpelier, VT 05633-2201
Office:  802-828-1053  |  Cell:  802-598-7167
Email Address:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>