     The last few days have been frigid (3 above on Wednesday morning!) and
we've had a lot of feeder traffic.  We haven't done any careful counting
but we have seen most of the usual suspects and a few rarities.  In
approximate order by number, we have seen: Tufted Titmice, Juncos,
Chickadees, Downy Woodpeckers, Goldfinches, and White-Breasted Nuthatches.
Semi rarities include a single  Starling, Mourning Dove, Red-Breasted
Nuthatch, Red-Bellied Woodpecker, and a Winter Wren.
     Oddly enough, we have never seen a Winter Wren before.  This sighting
makes bird number 824 on our worldwide life list and number 210 on our
Vermont list.
     Missing so far are Blue Jays, Redpolls and Hairy Woodpeckers, but
we're sure they'll be in pretty soon.

Larry and Mona in Brandon