A hawk, possibly/probably a merlin, was trying to pick off a member of a
flock of maybe 1000 starlings this afternoon near Dorset Park in So.
Burlington. The starlings kept in a tight formation, whirling about in
different directions to frustrate the hawk and ruin his Thanksgiving. The
hawk tried to attack from different angles to no avail. By the time I had
to leave, it was still keeping up a valiant effort.

Also, a leucistic red-tail continues to show itself in fields in Shelburne
along Dorset Street.

Charlie La Rosa
So. Washington

*“The solution to any problem---work, love, money, whatever---is to go
fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be.”*

~ John Gierach, from *Standing in a River Waving a Stick*