Good afternoon,

The National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA) strives to make advances in the field of research administration through professional development, the sharing of knowledge, and by fostering a sense of community via multiple venues.  At UVM, a number of SPA staff and many department research administrators are NCURA members.  If you are not a member and do not receive NCURA’s email reminders, please know that NCURA Region I’s Spring Meeting in Newport, RI, May 3-6, is a multi-day event, with concurrent sessions, discussion groups, and breakfast round tables intended to facilitate knowledge sharing among research administrators nation-wide and from federal sponsors, as well as valuable networking opportunities.

Participation tends to be about 50% research administrators from central offices / 50% from departments and colleges administering grants.

NCURA Region I announced today as follows:

Two $500 travel grants will be awarded to attend the Spring Meeting in Newport, Rhode Island.

Grants are based on merit and financial need with preference given to those with 6-18

months experience and demonstrated financial need. The award criteria & application are available here. Awardees will be notified prior to Early Bird registration closing to take advantage of the discount.

Submit your applications here by March 13, 2020.

Available to: NCURA Members and Non-Members

Have a great day,

Sonya Stern, MBA, CFRA | Director | Signing Official

University of Vermont

Sponsored Project Administration

217 Waterman | 85 South Prospect Street

Burlington, VT 05405-0160

P: 802-656-1986 | [log in to unmask] | www.uvm.edu/spa/

Treasurer, National Council of University Research Administrators Region 1