Good morning,

I am sharing with you Marcy Whittle’s decision to retire from UVM effective August 1, 2020. Marcy’s last work day in the office will likely be June 26.

I am so grateful to Marcy for her years supporting UVM’s research community and the institution in general.  UVM has been incredibly lucky to have Marcy on staff for 43 years. She has been an invaluable resource for everyone at SPA, most recently serving as a subject matter expert in the areas of sponsored project audits, compliance, and subaward risk management.  We will miss her greatly and plan to have a retirement event, which we hope many of you will attend to congratulate Marcy on an amazing career and wish her all the best in the upcoming retirement!  There will be more on that as we get closer to the date.

As a result, SPA currently is recruiting:

Senior Compliance Analyst

Coordinate all aspects of the University of Vermont’s annual Single Audits involving sponsored projects as the department’s primary liaison with UVM’s external auditors. Provide management and support to other internal and external reviews. Oversee risk management of subawards, ensuring compliance with federal, sponsor, and University policy and best practices. Conduct high level analysis, financial and other reporting, and project management related to sponsored project compliance matters. Serve as liaison to internal and external constituents on complex internal/external policy, procedural and process information pertaining to the area of responsibility.

https://www.uvmjobs.com/postings/39718

The position will continue to report to me. I am the hiring manager for this leadership role within SPA.  If you are interested in learning more about the position or discussing your interest, please feel free to reach out.

Have a great day.

Sonya Stern, MBA, CFRA | Director | Signing Official

University of Vermont

Sponsored Project Administration

217 Waterman | 85 South Prospect Street

Burlington, VT 05405-0160

P: 802-656-1986 | [log in to unmask] | www.uvm.edu/spa/

Treasurer, National Council of University Research Administrators Region 1

To unsubscribe from the SPANEWS list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(SPANEWS,SIGNOFF);