Dear Investigators, Post docs, Graduate Students and Staff,

Over the last year, we have seen our federal government be very vocal regarding "foreign influence" on academic research.

In response, several federal agencies have issued formal statements, providing renewed vigor and guidance for the need to properly disclose conflicts and properly disclose in grant applications all current and pending support, from whatever source, Federal, Non-federal, State, Local, Foreign, Public, Private, Non-profits, Foundations, Commercial organizations, or internal funds.

Our messages to campus have tried to convey this topic without bias and meet our obligation to keep the UVM research community informed.

However, our messages, although informative, did not clearly convey the message that UVM continues to fully support and encourage international collaboration.

So let me now provide that clarity. While we may be under greater scrutiny, UVM unequivocally encourages and fully supports international research, collaboration, and scholarship, including working with China.

More broadly, UVM is and continues to be a welcoming place for faculty, students, and staff from all over the world and it is through both domestic and international engagements that we are able to thrive and generate meaningful and impactful research, scholarship, and creative work.

If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the following offices:

·       For reporting international relationships or activities in a proposal, contact your Sponsored Project Research Administrator.

·       For disclosing a financial conflict of interest in a sponsored project, contact Victoria Jones, Research Compliance Officer.

·       For disclosing a conflict of interest or to discuss any specific foreign affiliations or activities, contact Brian Prindle, Executive Director for Research Administration and Integrity.

Thank You,

Brian

Brian Prindle, MBA, CRA | Executive Director

University of Vermont

Research Administration and Integrity

Office of the Vice President for Research

340 Waterman | 85 South Prospect Street

Burlington, VT 05405-0160

P: 802-656-1435 | [log in to unmask]

To unsubscribe from the SPANEWS list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(SPANEWS,SIGNOFF);