Brandon elects trustees to their incorporated library, not a municipal
library. The trustees serve with other folks on the Board.

Sue Gage

Brandon

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network <[log in to unmask]>
On Behalf Of Jim Barlow
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 5:58 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Election of Directors or Trustees to an Incorporated Public Library

Hi All,

I hope everyone is doing well out in Muninet-land.   I know it is a busy
time of year, but I have a question about the election of library directors:

Are there any municipalities (apart from Thetford and Cambridge) that elect,
at their annual municipal meetings, directors (or trustees) to the board of
an incorporated public library (not a municipal library)?

For example, at its annual meeting, the Town of Thetford elects directors to
the board of the Latham Memorial Library, Inc.  Similarly, the Town of
Cambridge elects trustees to the board of the Varnum Memorial Library.  Both
Latham Memorial Library, Inc. and Varnum Memorial Library are incorporated
public libraries, not municipal libraries.

I am wondering if there are other examples of this practice out there.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Best,

Jim Barlow

James W. Barlow PLC

Vermont Local Government Law

P.O. Box 112

Plainfield, VT 05667

802.274.6439

www.vtlocalgovlaw.com <http://www.vtlocalgovlaw.com>

This email and any files transmitted are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed, and may contain
material protected by the attorney-client privilege.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please be advised that you have received this email in
error.  Please notify me immediately by calling 802-274-6439.  Disclosure,
forwarding, copying, printing, or distribution is strictly prohibited.