This does not include the UVM campus or the hospital.

A precautionary boil water advisory has been expanded and issued for all of Burlington, including limited number of South Burlington households on our water supply.  Bring all water to a boil for one minute before using. This is being done out of an abundance of caution.

For additional certainty on impacted addresses for the precautionary boil water advisory, you can visit https://www.burlingtonvt.gov/dpw/boil-water-advisory. This has a map residents can input addresses in to determine if they are in the impacted area. While this advisory is largely citywide, there are addresses not impacted in our high service area.

There is also a list at this URL for affected South Burlington customers. Thank you.

We will update you when the situation is resolved. Out of an abundance of caution, the City of Burlington has issued a Precautionary Boil Water Notice for those affected users, effective immediately and continuing until further notice.

We have been sharing updates and will continue to do so on the Burlington DPW Facebook page, twitter page, burlingvt.gov website (Via red alert banner) and through VT-Alert. More information on signing up for VT-Alert can be found at www.burlingtonvt.gov/btv-alerts.

Please share this information with all the other people who drink this water, especially those who may not have received this notice directly (for example, people in apartments, nursing homes, schools, and businesses). You can do this by posting this notice in a public place or distributing copies by hand or mail.

Limited Translations have been shared on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pg/BTVDPW) and are available in Somali, French, Nepali and Swahili.

--

Robert Goulding

Public Information Manager

Department of Public Works

645 Pine St., Burlington, VT 05401

802-540-0846

[log in to unmask]" alt="facebook" class="" width="24" height="24" border="0">[log in to unmask]" alt="twitter" class="" width="24" height="24" border="0">

Please note that this communication and any response to it will be maintained as a public record and may be subject to disclosure under the Vermont Public Records Act.