Starting FRIDAY Night Feb 7th, Winter Parking Ban In Effect
Crews working around the clock through storm cleanup
Sign up for VT-Alert for snow ban info & other urgent alerts
Burlington, VT – A winter PARKING BAN will go into effect Friday February 7th at 10pm. There is not a parking ban tonight, Thursday February 6th. Crews are currently out in full force and will continue to clear sidewalks and streets overnight. With colder, snowier conditions forecast for tomorrow, the parking ban will allow a more comprehensive cleanup.
While there is not a ban tonight (2/6), we encourage residents to park off-street if space is available to them. This will give our plows the safest and best ability to push snow off the roads. Public Works appreciates your help as crews continue clearing roads and sidewalks through the remainder of this storm.
We encourage residents to sign up for VT-Alert to be notified of snow bans and other urgent municipal alerts. More info on signing up is available at https://www.burlingtonvt.gov/btv-alerts. You can also check 802-658-SNOW for updates or keep your eye on the lights. Bans are always called by 3PM. Please travel safely and stay warm!
Details on Timing & Enforcement
The ban will be in effect from 10PM (Friday February 7th) - 7AM (Saturday February 8th) throughout Burlington, except downtown. In the downtown zone the ban is in effect midnight - 6AM Saturday (see the end of this release for streets within the downtown zone enforcement area).
Any vehicles remaining on the street during the parking ban may be issued a $125.00 parking ticket by Burlington Police Parking Enforcement and towed to another location.
● Parking enforcement, tickets, towing: Please call the Burlington Police Department at 802-540-2380 (parking enforcement) or 802-658-2704 (non-emergency dispatch).
● Snow bans, snow removal or parking questions: Please call DPW at 802-863-9094 or enter your maintenance request at SeeClickFix.com
Free parking is available in city-owned garages:
● Starting at 7PM on the day of a snow ban
● Cars must be removed by 9AM when the ban is over to avoid paying the full daily rate
● The following city-owned garages offer this free parking:
○ Marketplace Garage (47 S. Winooski: entrances on Cherry St & Bank St)
○ College St Garage (60 College St: entrances on College St and Battery St) - just off of Battery St
○ Lakeview Garage (41 Cherry St: entrance on Cherry St) - just off of Battery St
● Do not park on the top floor of garages to allow crews to remove snow
● No overnight parking is allowed in any municipal lot
● For a map of these city-owned parking locations, please see below or visit our partner site ‘Park Burlington’ to view ALL parking options (including privately owned): https://parkburlington.com/downtown-parking /parking-map/.
By ordinance, Zone F shall include all streets bounded by the following streets:
● The easternmost boundary shall be defined and include South Willard Street from Pearl Street to Maple Street.
● The southernmost boundary shall be defined by and include Maple Street from South Willard Street to South Winooski Avenue, South Winooski Avenue from Maple Street to Adams Street, Adams Street from South Winooski Avenue to St. Paul Street, St. Paul Street from Adams Street to Kilburn Street, and Kilburn Street.
● The westernmost boundary shall be defined by Lake Champlain.
● The northernmost boundary shall be defined by and include Sherman Street; North Champlain Street from Sherman Street to Peru Street; Peru Street; Elmwood Avenue from Peru Street to Grant Street; Grant Street; North Union Street from Grant Street to Pearl Street; and Pearl Street from South Union Street to South Willard Street.
Public Information Manager
Department of Public Works
645 Pine St., Burlington, VT 05401