Here at Brown, we have closed up shop, by order of the Univ.  On the Kiel,
we closed the acid bulb PTFE stopcock, disconnected the acid drop lines
from the bulb end, flushed them using a syringe and DI water (through the
SS droppers), blew them dry, pinched the tubing closed at the top and
brought all back to vac - 'standby and pump' (no 'standby and drop' to
worry about).  On the acid bulb end, we put an inch of tubing on each line,
flooded it with acid and pinched that off as well.

Monitoring the machine with an internet cam as usual

http://138.16.167.15/view/view.shtml

Steve

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 12:01 AM ISOGEOCHEM automatic digest system <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Topics of the day:
>
>   1. Anybody still up and running?
>   2. GNS Stable Isotope Laboratory

> Date:    Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:33:52 -0500
> From:    ankerssm <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Anybody still up and running?
>
> Greetings from Iowa,
> I continue to run samples to clear a slight backlog. It's just me and the
> mass specs in the lab for now. Everyone on campus is working from home at
> least until the end of the semester. If anyone needs to run carbonates or
> water, let me know.
> Stay safe!
> Suzanne Ankerstjerne
> SIPERG
>
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 11:00 AM Chris Harrod <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > We’re shut down here in Antofagasta, Chile. We probably could have
> wangled
> > access, but given we all have kids to look after, we decided to close
> > things down. Science can wait while we concentrate on our loved ones.
> >

> > Hope all are well in Isogeochem land.
> >

> > Chris

Steven Clemens
Earth, Environmental and Planetary Sciences
Brown University
Providence RI., 02912
USA