Patrick,

sslvpn2 uses split-tunneling.  This means that if you're connecting to
NON-UVM services while connected to sslvpn2, you're using your normal IP.

The idea here is to prevent sslvpn2's available bandwidth from being
overwhelmed by non-UVM streaming sites or other high-bandwidth sites.

I don't know what the current answer is for off-campus people who need
to connect to e.g. journal articles that gate access via IP address.

Jim

On 3/18/20 11:48 AM, Patrick J Clemins wrote:

> Could someone in the libraries look at this issue below that’s cropped
> up since using the new VPN?
>
> ----------
>
> Patrick J. Clemins
>
> Manager, Cyberinfrastructure and Partnerships, Vermont EPSCoR
>
> Asst Research Professor, Dept of Computer Science, University of Vermont
>
> 23 Mansfield Avenue, Burlington, VT 05405-0215
>
> Phone: (802) 448-2188 • Fax: (802) 656-2950
>
> Email: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
>
> Website: www.uvm.edu/EPSCoR <http://www.uvm.edu/EPSCoR>
>
> When I go to google scholar to look up journal articles, I can usually
> see the 'find it @UVM' link to the side, but I don't get that now.
> Also, Just tried to access via UVM library but got the error message
> below (I didn't do any of the things the error message says could have
> caused the problem).

Jim Lawson
HPC/Linux sysadmin
Systems Architecture & Administration