If you use (or know of someone not on this list who uses) a campus computer lab with Adobe Creative Cloud software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, etc.) for teaching, and are wondering how course instruction will remain possible continue during this remote instruction period, I have some news. Adobe has offered to extend User-based licensing to education institutions that make use of Device-based licenses (such as you would find in a computer lab) that would allow for the installation of Creative Cloud software on personal devices. Students and Faculty would use our existing Federated ID tenant to sign in with their UVM email address, same as they would in the computer lab. This extended license is being made available until May 31, 2020.

We are currently waiting for Adobe to approve UVM for these extended licenses. Once that has occurred, I will follow up with more information, including how to access the software. If you have any questions, let me know directly, and if you know someone not subscribed to IT-DISCUSS that would benefit from this information, please forward.

-JLT

Jonathan L. Trigaux
Systems Architecture & Administration
Enterprise Technology Services