The screenshot in step 2 on that page is what we were getting yesterday, but not what we're seeing today.  Now we're back to username, password, second password.

We've been entering the things in the order shown in the instructions (so, "phone" for password and netid password for second password) and do get the call from Duo.  At least some of my users still get "login failed" after receiving the Duo call.

Yesterday, one of my users had this same login failed error but was able to get in by just trying it 5-6 times.  Today, I think the (different) user I'm working with is only up to 4-5 tries, so I can't be sure it won't eventually work.

Lynda.

From: Technology Discussion at UVM <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Zach Bardesco
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2020 10:28 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: VPN Issues

FWIW, https://www.uvm.edu/it/kb/article/sslvpn2 is a better link for your users, as it also has the correct sslvpn2 address in screenshots and article text.

- Zach

From: Technology Discussion at UVM <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Mickey Mossey
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2020 10:24 AM
To: [log in to unmask]

Thanks for the reminder of this documentation, Andrew.

One thing I noticed this morning is I tried to use the “phone” option for testing so I could tell my users that’s it’s available. I did this early.. maybe 6am or so. The thing is, I got the phone call, but it was long after the VPN timed out. It seems like authentication timeout was very, very quick. Perhaps less than I remember?

Mickey Mossey