From: Technology Discussion at UVM <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Jim Lawson
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2020 11:55 AM
To: Patrick J Clemins <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Yet another side effect of the VPN IP Range change?

Patrick,

sslvpn2 uses split-tunneling.  This means that if you're connecting to NON-UVM services while connected to sslvpn2, you're using your normal IP.

The idea here is to prevent sslvpn2's available bandwidth from being overwhelmed by non-UVM streaming sites or other high-bandwidth sites.

I don't know what the current answer is for off-campus people who need to connect to e.g. journal articles that gate access via IP address.

Jim