From: Technology Discussion at UVM <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Peter Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:34:59 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Teams Going into Do Not Disturb Mode -- Any Way to Stop?

I’ve done some Googling and testing, and unfortunately I’m pretty sure you’re right. There’s no setting in Teams to control this automatic behavior.

You’ve found one work-around which is just to try to remember to keep an eye on it and turn it off when it turns on. Another option might be to designate someone in the class to monitor the chat for you and let you know if there are questions you seem to be ignoring.

The only other thing that might be worth trying is the ‘Priority Access’ feature. The idea is that you can designate specific people whose chats, calls, etc. will still alert you even when your status is Do Not Disturb. Not sure if it would be practical (or desirable) to add all your students to your Priority Access list though, and I read one comment saying that priority access doesn’t always work in your scenario. Maybe combine the two and just grant Priority Access to your designated chat monitor?

If you want to test that out, it’s under ‘Privacy’ in Settings.

Sorry I don’t have a better answer,

-Peter