This is my understanding as well. Unless we have a responsibility to dispatch fire, ambulance, highway, etc. we are not exempt per Brittney Wilson, Governor Scott's Secretary of Civil & Military Affairs.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: marriage licenses?
From: Putney Manager <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, March 28, 2020 1:19 pm
To: [log in to unmask]

This is the first day that I have seen an a more specific (spelled out) list.

Municipalities
Municipalities may continue in-person operations under the Governor’s Executive Order under certain circumstances. Section 6 (b) states that “law enforcement, public safety and first responders, including fire, ambulance services, emergency medical technicians and emergency management personnel” are deemed critical and may continue in-person business operations. Section 6 (d) states that “construction necessary to support the COVID-19 response and maintain critical infrastructure” are deemed critical and may continue in-person business operations. Please endeavor to limit your contact with the public to the extent possible, practice social distancing when practicable, and only undertake public interactions required to maintain the health and safety of the public.
Other business-related activities that are not providing services or functions deemed critical public health and safety or economic and national security are directed to suspend in-person operations under the Governor’s Executive Order unless specifically exempted. Services such as land records and title searches; marriage license applications; birth or death certificate searches; library lending are not considered critical to public health and safety or economic and national security. The Vermont Secretary of State’s Office has provided further guidance regarding essential municipal services, including elections and open meeting law: https://sos.vermont.gov/secretary-s-desk/commentary/covid-19-impacts-and-considerations-for-open-meeting-law-elections-and-public-records-access/.