News Article.....(source =
pressfrom.info/us/news/science-and-technology/-401325-fcc-waives-rules-to-help
)
*"FCC waives rules to help hospitals and schools respond to coronavirus*
*The Federal Communications Commission on Wednesday temporarily waived
rules in its Rural Health Care and E-Rate programs to help promote better
access to broadband for telehealth and distance learning during the
coronavirus pandemic.*

*The agency announced that it has waived "gift rules" in these programs
until September 20, 2020. These rules prohibit hospitals in the Rural
Health Care program or schools and libraries participating in the E-Rate
program, which get subsidies, to accept or seek anything of value from a
service provider participating in the program. These rules are meant to
prevent fraud and abuse in the program.With the rules waived, service
providers will be able to donate equipment like Wi-Fi hotspots or will be
allowed to offer free service upgrades to hospitals, schools and libraries
getting these subsidies. This could allow broadband service providers to
upgrade network capacity for free to local hospitals, so that they're able
to deliver telemedicine service, the FCC said. It would also allow
companies to donate Wi-Fi hotspots that libraries and schools could
distribute to students without broadband.*"

The rest of the story.....from our discussion....

Are there any state bidding or other rules that may limit or prohibit you
from taking advantage of this?

Is this sufficient?

Will it solve our problems getting access to students at home?  (not from
discussions on this forum).

Will it help?  (it is better than nothing, but...there are a lot of
additional challenges)

Can we get them through e-rate?  (discussions ongoing)

Will there be supply chain issues?  (if everyone in the US wants them, yes)

Stay tuned....keep safe, and share good ideas.

Paul
L. Paul Irish
Irish Hill Educational Services, LLC
7041 Spear Street