Makes sense.  One way to do it might be to ask students to make a private
comment (perhaps a short reflection or just "please take a look") on the
assignment when they submit.  That will trigger a notification.
Others may have better suggestions, but I think that could work.

Charlie MacFadyen
Digital Learning Leader
Champlain Valley Union HS
(802) 482-7117