Hi Folks!

As we are bracing for impact because of the Coronavirus, I've drafted a
jump start guide for educators who are being thrown into distance
learning.  This is not meant to replace processional
development/training/courses and resources needed to go to a distance
learning environment, that should still happen, but instead this is
something for those in a pinch who have no idea where to begin, the
barebones. Feel free to share. There are links to wakelet collections and
I'd love if you could send me tools that I might be overlooking. I'm
basically compliling these from Twitter and emails. There are also quite a
few edtech companies who are making their tools available for free to
educators affected by coronavirus.

I believe that if anything good comes from this pandemic it's that it is
catapulting K-12 education into the 21 first century. Teachers who are
already teaching in a personalized, student-centered, and proficiency-based
environment only need to take a small step to convert to fully online, but
it's time to play catch up for everyone else. The technology has been there
for awhile and studies show that a blended learning environment is more
effective than a traditional face-to-face or fully online. And if you have
the blended Learning structure set up, it's a small step to go to fully
online in emergencies like this.  Personally, I believe this is going to
bring positive change to education and will be seen as a pivotal moment.

Thanks for listening!
  Distance Learning Jump Start Guide
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WL6tXFJs01HIbGt-FaG8WW4o6igeSPaj04U0CvpiEmI/edit?usp=drivesdk>