Hey Dewaine!!

Got this on the N.H. list

https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com/2020/03/hangouts-meet-edu-updates.html

New features including those you mentioned.....

Also under Apps/hangouts you can disable allowing students to make a call...

Hang in there,

Martha

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 5:48 AM Steve Ligett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Just got email from Google that says

Improved meeting control features: 'mute' and 'remove'

For education users, we're only allowing the meeting creator, meeting calendar owner, or person who sets up a meeting on an in-room hardware device to mute or remove other participants in a meeting. This means that if a teacher creates the meeting or owns the calendar the meeting was created on, students can't remove or mute other students.