We are looking to deploy to any students in need K-6, if necessary.  My kindergarteners have at least logged in a few times, but will need help navigating, along with my 1st graders.  I am not comfortable sending iPads home, so we will try Chromebooks and see where that gets us. We are running into difficulty with a lack of Internet in some of the most rural areas.  There is a local ISP who is not offering free service and no cell coverage.  I don't see a way for us to provide devices and service to everyone so that we can go completely digital, but my school hasn't learned what our long-term plan is yet.

Out of curiosity, how are you holding families accountable if you have never sent devices home?  We have no insurance on our devices, as they have only been in-school devices.  Is everyone else just holding their breath and crossing fingers?

Edith Fogarty, M.Ed
Technology Integration Facilitator
Bradford Elementary School
143 Fairground Rd