This is now in flux for Winooski.  Admin says we'll send home devices for
grades 1 (maybe even K) - 5.  iPads for grades 1 and 2, ChromeBooks for
grades 3 -5.  I'm personally struggling with this, because I don't think
it's pedagogically or developmentally appropriate to be promoting screen
time for younger students, and also trying to find ways to support a
frequent request from parents: "lock down" these devices for the hours of
(approx) 9 pm - 6 am.  The needs for younger students will definitely be
different than those of our middle school - which are currently locked into
a whitelist of approximately 85 Websites and services teachers have
requested.

DB

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 11:05 AM Peter Drescher <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hey..
>
> We have been "holding the line" on Chromebook deployment for K-2 grades..
> in other words devices not being sent home for them yet.  But, now with our
> new "landscape"...hmmmm....
>
> What have you all been doing?  What grade levels are you sending devices
> home?
>
> What stipulations if any?
>
> Peter
>
> --
> Peter Drescher
> Director of Technology and Innovation
> Essex-Westford School District
> 58 Founders Rd.
> Essex Jct., VT 05452
> (o) 802-857-7090
> (c) 802-279-8355
>

> CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION. THIS MESSAGE MAY NOT BE FORWARDED.
>
> The information contained in this communication, including any attachments, is confidential,constitutes privileged communication, and is intended only for the use of the addressee. This message may not be forwarded without prior consent from  the sender. The information in this e-mail is also protected by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies.  Any unauthorized use, forwarding, distribution,disclosure, printing or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately at 802-857-7777 or return e-mail,and delete any copies of this message immediately. Any inadvertent disclosure of this communication shall not compromise the confidential nature of the communication.

 *Please note* As of July 2019, my official  email address is

[image: Give with Heart] <http://gf.me/u/tu6ctv> [image: WSD Logo]
<https://wsdvt.org> Drew Blanchard
Technology Integrationist
Google Apps Certified
vm  (802) 383–6073
e  [log in to unmask]
<https://www.facebook.com/wsdschools/> <https://twitter.com/WinooskiLearns>
<https://wsdvt.org/>

I apologize for the following long, wordy, and required signature statement

The information contained in this communication, including any attachments,
is confidential,constitutes privileged communication, and is intended only
for the use of the addressee. This message may not be forwarded without
prior consent from the sender. The information in this e-mail is also
protected by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies.  Any unauthorized use,
forwarding, distribution, disclosure, printing, copying is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately at 802-655-0485 or return e-mail, and