This is now in flux for Winooski.  Admin says we'll send home devices for grades 1 (maybe even K) - 5.  iPads for grades 1 and 2, ChromeBooks for grades 3 -5.  I'm personally struggling with this, because I don't think it's pedagogically or developmentally appropriate to be promoting screen time for younger students, and also trying to find ways to support a frequent request from parents: "lock down" these devices for the hours of (approx) 9 pm - 6 am.  The needs for younger students will definitely be different than those of our middle school - which are currently locked into a whitelist of approximately 85 Websites and services teachers have requested.

DB