Brave Tara Reade on WBAI radio Wednesday
interviewed by Katie Halper, on being sexually
assaulted by Joe Biden in 1993, and how MeToo
organization "TimesUp" would not defend her (see
<https://theintercept.com/2020/03/24/joe-biden-metoo-times-up/>Ryan
Grim in the Intercept for more on that). Hear
Katie's interviw with Tara Reade here:
<https://wbai.org/archive/program/episode/?id=10050&fbclid=IwAR3m5KL_OZhSgsiJshz-HgIRU2OpPTyEERd4MfWnC9KrJIBE-5V_LL8WIwg>https://wbai.org/archive/program/episode/?id=10050

Joe Biden’s Sexual Assault Accuser Breaks Silence With Graphic Allegations

She details an assault she says occurred in 1993.

Written By <https://newsone.com/author/rdunmore13/>Royce Dunmore

https://ionenewsone.files.wordpress.com/2020/03/15851728429552.

Joe Biden Talks About the Coronavirus in Washington, US

Source: Barcroft Media / Getty

In April of last year, Tara Reade accused
<https://newsone.com/tag/joe-biden/>Joe Biden of
inappropriate behavior when she worked at his
Senate office in 1993. Now, she’s accusing the
Democratic presidential nominee of sexual
assault, according to a graphic interview with podcaster Katie Halper.

When Reade initially came out about her
experience with Biden, she told
<https://www.theunion.com/news/nevada-county-woman-says-joe-biden-inappropriately-touched-her-while-working-in-his-u-s-senate-office/>The
Union that he did uncomfortable things like “put
his hand on my shoulder and run his finger up my
neck.” Reade also said that she cut ties with
Biden’s office over an early 1993 staff argument.
According to Reade, Biden wanted her to serve
drinks because he liked her legs. Reade says she
didn’t hear this directly from Biden but she
learned of it during her argument with staff.
Reade refused to serve the drinks, which she
believes was a move that affected her career.

“My life was hell,” Reade said. “This was about
power and control. I couldn’t get a job on the
Hill.” She eventually left Biden’s office in August of 1993.

Now, Reade is speaking out even more with a
sexual assault allegation against Biden. Katie
Harper posted an excerpt from an interview done
with Reade to Twitter around 2 a.m. on Wednesday,
writing “This is a story that
<https://twitter.com/ReadeAlexandra>@ReadeAlexandra
has been trying to tell since it happened in
1993. It’s a story about sexual assault,
retaliation and silencing.
<https://twitter.com/hashtag/meToo?src=hashtag_click>#meToo.”

In the interview excerpt, which is posted to
<https://soundcloud.com/katie-halper/joe-bidens-accuser-finally-tells-her-full-story>Soundcloud,
Reade described a graphic 1993 incident where a
superior asked her to take a gym bag to Biden
“down towards the capital.” Then she recalls
being called towards the “side area” where Biden greeted her.

“We were alone and it was the strangest thing,”
she said. “There was no like exchange really. He
just had me up against the wall.”

Reade went on to say that she was wearing a
business skirt with no stockings because it was
hot at the time. While up against the wall, Reade
says Biden’s “hands were on me and underneath my clothes.”

“He went down my skirt but then up inside it and
he penetrated me with his fingers,” Reade emotionally continued.

Reade also said Biden was kissing her and saying
multiple things to her. She remembered a couple of the comments.

“I remember him saying first, like as he was
doing it, ‘Do you want to go somewhere else,'”
she said. “And then him saying to me when I
pulled away, he got finished doing what he was
doing, and I kind of just pulled back and he
said, ‘Come on man, I heard you liked me.’ And
that phrase stayed with me because I kept
thinking what I might’ve said and I can’t
remember exactly if he said ‘i thought’ or ‘I
heard’ but he implied that I had done this.”

Reade then went on to say that “everything
shattered in that moment” because she knew that
there were no witnesses and she looked up to him.
“He was like my father’s age,” she said. “He was
like this champion of women’s rights in my eyes
and I couldn’t believe it was happening. It seemed surreal.”

Reade then said Biden grabbed her by the
shoulders and said, “You’re okay. You’re fine” and proceeded to walk away.

Reade said that Biden also told her something
after the alleged assault that she initially
didn’t want to share because “it’s the thing that
stays in my head over and over.” But after some
pressing from Halper, Reade decided to share:

“He took his finger. He just like pointed at me and said you’re nothing to me.”

Halper said she spoke with Reade’s brother and
close friend, and both of them recall Reade
telling them about the alleged assault at the time.

When allegations of Biden’s inappropriate
behavior started surfacing last year, Biden
released a
<https://twitter.com/BillR/status/1112339598699626501>statement
saying, “In my many years on the campaign trail
and in public life, I have offered countless
handshakes, hugs, expressions of affection,
support and comfort.” He continued, “And not once
­ never ­ did I believe I acted inappropriately.
If it is suggested I did so, I will listen
respectfully. But it was never my intention.”

After Reade told her story of Biden’s
inappropriate touching last year, she says she
received a wave of attention, including the
accusation that she was doing the bidding of
Russian President
<https://newsone.com/tag/vladimir-putin/>Vladimir
Putin, according to
<https://theintercept.com/2020/03/24/joe-biden-metoo-times-up/>The
Intercept. This caused Reade to go quiet.

However, as Biden’s presidential run persisted,
Reade began to reconsider staying quiet. To
obtain legal assistance and to manage what she
guessed would be serious backlash for her
accusations, Reade reached out to the Time’s Up
organization in January 2020. Time’s Up was
created in the wake of the #MeToo movement to
help survivors tell their stories.

Ultimately, the group couldn’t assist her because
the person she was accusing, Biden, was a
candidate for federal office. Providing legal and
P.R. support for Reade could reportedly threaten
the non-profit status of Time’s Up, which is
housed within the National Women’s Law Center (NWLC).

“As a nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable
organization, the National Women’s Law Center is
restricted in how it can spend its funds,
including restrictions that pertain to candidates
running for election,” explained NWLC
spokesperson, Maria Patrick, to The Intercept.
“Our decision on whether or not to provide
certain types of support to an individual should
not be interpreted as our validation or doubt of
the truthfulness of the person’s statements.
Regardless, our support of workers who come
forward regarding workplace sexual harassment remains unwavering.”

Reade’s sexual assault accusations caused the
hashtag #IBelieveTara to trend on Twitter on Wednesday.

In a statement to The Intercept, Reade made it
clear that she was deeply afflicted about coming
forward about her accusations, considering Biden
could run against
<https://newsone.com/tag/donald-trump/>Donald
Trump, a man Reade said she deeply opposes. “I
don’t want to help Trump. But what can I do?” she
said. “All I can do is stand on my truth.”