Dear Members of the UVM Community,

As I’m sure you’re aware, yesterday afternoon Governor Phil Scott issued
a “Stay Home, Stay Safe”
<https://governor.vermont.gov/press-release/governor-phil-scott-issues-%E2%80%9Cstay-home-stay-safe%E2%80%9D-order-directs-additional-closures>
Executive Order and directed the closure of in-person operations for all
non-essential businesses. The order goes into effect at 5 p.m. today and
is scheduled to extend until April 15, 2020. Staff who provide essential
on-campus service will be notified by their supervisor before tomorrow
morning.

I recognize these times are extremely unsettling, in large part because
of their unprecedented extent, and also because there are many questions
for which we do not yet have complete—if any—answers.

However, Governor Scott’s action was not unexpected, and the university
already has implemented plans that account for it. These plans are
outlined in memos you have received over the past week; information also
is available on UVM’s COVID-19 website
<https://www.uvm.edu/emergency/covid-19-coronavirus-information-and-updates>
(go.uvm.edu/covid19). To help you efficiently access this information,
following are some of these messages. I also urge you to make use of the
site’s FAQs
<https://www.uvm.edu/emergency/covid-19-coronavirus-frequently-asked-questions>.

  * Message to Faculty and Staff: Temporary Telework
    <https://www.uvm.edu/emergency/news/3/24/20-message-faculty-and-staff-temporary-telework>
  * Message to Graduate Students and Postdoctoral scholars
    <https://www.uvm.edu/emergency/news/3/24/20-message-graduate-students-and-postdoctoral-scholars>
  * Message to UVM Community: Research Continuity
    <https://www.uvm.edu/emergency/news/3/19/20-message-uvm-community-research-continuity>
  * Message to Residential Students
    <https://www.uvm.edu/emergency/news/3/24/20-message-residential-students-emergency-housing>

Again, I realize the many challenges posed by the COVID-19 outbreak.
However, we will continue to do all we can to provide you with the facts
you need to move forward in an informed manner. Thank you for your
patience, understanding, collaboration, and support of our wonderful
university. It is greatly appreciated.

Be well,
Suresh

Suresh Garimella