To:                   UVM Community

From:              Gary Derr, Vice President for Operations and Public Safety

To help reduce the spread of coronavirus, it’s extremely important to clean your hands often, especially after being in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.

Hand sanitizer can be used if soap and water are not readily available. However, UVM’s existing wall-mounted hand sanitizer dispensers do not currently contain the minimum 60% alcohol recommended by the CDC to kill the COVID-19 virus.

University procurement efforts to acquire 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer have proven unsuccessful thus far. The University expects to receive 100 cases of it by mid-April. We will update you with any updates to this timing.

In the meantime, continue to wash your hands with water and soap for at least 20 seconds. Share some of your alcohol-based hand sanitizer with a colleague and friend. Thank you for your continued efforts to protect our community.

--

 [log in to unmask]" alt="signature_588958144">

     Gary L. Derr

     Vice President for Operations and Public Safety

     University of Vermont

     347 Waterman Building

     Burlington, Vermont 05405

     (802) 656-8937 (Office)

UVM is subject to the Vermont Public Records Act and communications to and from this email address, including attachments, are subject to disclosure unless exempted under the Act or otherwise applicable law.