Anyway, in the midst of all of this gloom 'n doom.....

I had one an awesome ski dream last night! I was instructing at an AIARE 1 avalanche class in Alaska and then the late Doug Coombs showed up! He was gonna' lead us on skins up to this wonderful ski run. The sun was coming out after a storm that had dropped the lightest snow imaginable. We were all happily following him up the mountain. Alas, the dream ended with me thinking now of what might have been.....

Mark P. Renson