Expires:202003242000;;977469
FPUS51 KBTV 240729
ZFPBTV

Zone Forecast Product for Vermont
National Weather Service Burlington VT
326 AM EDT Tue Mar 24 2020

VTZ006-242000-
Lamoille-
Including the cities of Johnson and Stowe
326 AM EDT Tue Mar 24 2020

.TODAY...Mostly cloudy. A chance of freezing drizzle this
morning. Highs in the upper 30s. Northwest winds around 10 mph.
.TONIGHT...Partly cloudy until midnight, then clearing. Lows in
the mid 20s. North winds around 10 mph, becoming east after
midnight.
.WEDNESDAY...Partly sunny in the morning, then becoming mostly
cloudy. Highs in the lower 40s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.
.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 20s. Southeast
winds 10 to 15 mph.
.THURSDAY...Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 40s. Light and
variable winds.
.THURSDAY NIGHT...Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain or snow
showers. Lows in the lower 30s. Chance of precipitation
50 percent.
.FRIDAY...Partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of snow showers.
Highs in the lower 40s.
.FRIDAY NIGHT...Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 20s.
.SATURDAY...Partly sunny with a 50 percent chance of rain. Highs
in the mid 40s.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...Rain or snow likely. Lows in the lower 30s.
Chance of precipitation 70 percent.
.SUNDAY...Rain or snow likely. Highs in the mid 40s. Chance of
precipitation 70 percent.
.SUNDAY NIGHT...Rain likely or a chance of snow showers. Lows
around 30. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.
.MONDAY...Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain or snow showers.
Highs in the lower 40s. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

$$

Expires:202003241100;;986060
ASUS41 KBTV 241030
RWRBTV
VERMONT REGIONAL WEATHER ROUNDUP
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BURLINGTON VT
600 AM EDT TUE MAR 24 2020

NOTE: "FAIR" INDICATES FEW OR NO CLOUDS BELOW 12,000 FEET WITH NO
SIGNIFICANT WEATHER AND/OR OBSTRUCTIONS TO VISIBILITY.

* THESE REPORTS ARE NOT UNDER NWS QUALITY CONTROL AND/OR DO NOT
  REPORT WEATHER SUCH AS PRECIPITATION AND FOG.

VTZ001>019-241100-
_____VERMONT_____

CITY           SKY/WX    TMP DP  RH WIND       PRES   REMARKS
BURLINGTON     LGT SNOW  32  30  92 N8        30.10R FOG     WCI  25
MONTPELIER     CLOUDY    29  27  92 N3        30.07R
MORRISVILLE    CLOUDY    29  27  92 CALM      30.06S
ST. JOHNSBURY*   N/A     30  28  92 MISG      30.03R
LYNDONVILLE*   CLOUDY    28  27  96 CALM      30.05R
MIDDLEBURY*    MIX PCPN  30  29  96 CALM      30.09R
RUTLAND*       MIX PCPN  29  29 100 CALM      30.06R FOG
SPRINGFIELD    CLOUDY    29  27  92 W3        30.04R
HIGHGATE*      CLOUDY    33  32  96 CALM      30.11R FOG
NEWPORT*       LGT SNOW  28  28 100 N3        30.06R
BENNINGTON     CLOUDY    30  27  88 CALM      30.04R
ISLAND POND*     N/A     28 N/A N/A NW5         N/A  WCI  23
GALLUP MILLS*    N/A     28 N/A N/A MISG        N/A
LAKE EDEN*       N/A     27 N/A N/A CALM        N/A
MT. MANSFIELD*   N/A     25 N/A N/A S16         N/A  WCI  12

_____LAKE CHAMPLAIN_____

CITY           SKY/WX    TMP DP  RH WIND       PRES   REMARKS
BURTON ISLAND*   N/A     32  32 100 NW3         N/A
COLCHESTER RF*   N/A     34  32  93 N10         N/A  WCI  26
DIAMOND ISL*     N/A     32  32 100 NW9         N/A  WCI  24

$$

Expires:No;;977325
FXUS61 KBTV 240726
AFDBTV

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Burlington VT
326 AM EDT Tue Mar 24 2020

.SYNOPSIS...
Lingering snow showers are coming to an end but we could see a few
pockets of freezing drizzle through early this morning. Calmer
weather returns today and again on Wednesday as the storm system we
have been watching looks to harmlessly pass to the south. The next
chance for precipitation will arrive on Friday as a weak front lifts
through the region. A more significant system will impact the North
Country on Sunday but temperatures will be warm enough to keep
precipitation as rain until Monday morning when a quick shot of snow
will be possible.

&&

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH WEDNESDAY/...
As of 326 AM EDT Tuesday...Lingering snow showers are changing over
to some light freezing drizzle this morning as mid-level moisture
quickly wanes and the snow growth layer is becoming unsaturated. Any
pockets of light freezing drizzle will come to an end between 8-9 AM
based on the latest model trends and observations. There could be
some very minor ice accumulations (around 0.02" or so) but impacts
are expected to be very minimal, if any at all. After 9 AM, we will
begin to see moisture within the boundary layer finally begin to mix
out which may allow for some pockets of sun to develop by mid to
late this afternoon. Some locations along the western slopes of the
Adirondacks and northern Greens will take longer to mix out the
moisture in the boundary layer which will yield cloudier skies
throughout the day. Afternoon high temperatures will rebound nicely,
even with the new snow pack, into the lower to mid 40s. As we head
into the evening and overnight hours, some of the pockets of clearer
skies could bring the potential for some patchy fog during the
overnight hours. However, MOS guidance and even the aggressive NAM3
don't depict much in terms of fog developing overnight but rather a
low deck of stratus. Nevertheless, we will see temps drop into the
lower to mid 20s by Wednesday morning.

The system that we have been watching for the Wednesday time frame
continue to look less impressive with each new model run. The
aforementioned surface high will act to suppress a developing
coastal low off the Virginia/North Carolina coast. In addition, a
weak shortwave ridge will develop in the mean longwave flow over the
North Country which will also act to suppress the developing low.
Because of these two features, we have cut our PoPs quite
significantly for the Wednesday afternoon and evening time frame and
have also cut back on rainfall/snowfall totals. Given the change in
the forecast, we did go ahead and bump up afternoon highs a degree
or two into the mid to upper 40s as we likely won't see much, if
any, precipitation with the system passing well to our south.

&&

.SHORT TERM /WEDNESDAY NIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY NIGHT/...
As of 326 AM EDT Tuesday...Weak trough passes far enough south of our
area Wednesday night for dry weather. Shortwave ridging builds in
for Thursday morning to maintain the dry weather. But clouds and
precipitation will be increasing across the area during the
afternoon hours as a shortwave trough moves across eastern Canada
and northern New England. With highs on Thursday in the 40s to
around 50 by the time the precipitation moves in it will be in the
form of rain. Precipitation amounts will generally be a tenth of an
inch or less.

&&

.LONG TERM /FRIDAY THROUGH MONDAY/...
As of 326 AM EDT Tuesday...A period of northwest flow aloft develops
over the area Thursday night through Friday night. This will allow
high pressure to move in and bring dry weather to the region. Highs
on Friday will generally be in the 40s. Eventually the flow aloft
will start to back to the southwest later on Saturday as a larger
upper level trough of low pressure develops upstream. This feature
will be slow to move east and will eventually close off before
moving east of our area late Sunday night into Monday morning. This
will result in a longer duration precipitation event across the
region...starting as rain and snow Saturday night before becoming
mainly rain with some high elevation snow. As the bulk of the
precipitation moves out of the area late Sunday night into early
morning could see a change back to some snow as colder air moves
into the region. But highs on Monday will rebound back into the 40s.

&&

.AVIATION /08Z TUESDAY THROUGH SATURDAY/...
Through 06Z Wednesday...IFR to LIFR ceilings are expected at
most terminals tonight with the exception of KPBG as moisture
remains trapped at the surface. We will gradually see ceilings
improve throughout the day on Tuesday with VFR conditions
expected at all terminals between 18Z and 20Z. Winds will
generally be out the north/northwest at 5-10 knots and will go
light and variable Tuesday night. There is the potential for
some patchy fog Tuesday night but have left that out for the
moment as the confidence of it impacting any one terminal is low
at this time. This will be assessed for the 12Z TAF package.

Outlook...

Wednesday: Mainly VFR, with local MVFR possible. Slight chance
RA.
Wednesday Night: Mainly VFR, with local MVFR possible. NO SIG WX.
Thursday: VFR. Slight chance SHRA, Slight chance SHSN.
Thursday Night: Mainly VFR, with areas MVFR possible. Chance
SHRA, Chance SHSN.
Friday: Mainly VFR, with local MVFR possible. Chance SHRA, Chance
SHSN.
Friday Night: VFR. Slight chance SHSN.
Saturday: VFR. Chance SHRA, Slight chance SHSN.

&&

.BTV WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
VT...None.
NY...None.